As human beings we have needs and desires in many areas. We are however, often “programmed” so that we are not able to own our needs and desires. Often being told that we don’t deserve them or not even allowed them. Many of us have learnt to disconnect from our needs and desires, getting to a place where we truly don’t know what we want. As a result, we often develop unconscious strategies for getting these needs met and, as they are not conscious, they can be manipulations. This lack of clarity in understanding and owning what we really want can result in difficult dynamics in our relationships not only with others but also ourselves and the world around us. When we are clear what our boundaries are we can start to move into conscious consent.
Dr Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent model (www.bettymartin.org) is a fantastic tool for understanding our dynamic, improving communication and especially for setting boundaries as well as understanding what true consent looks like. We are delighted that we have been able to work with Betty herself in devising this workshop.This day workshop:
• Supports you to clarify your desires and identify your “programming.”
• Respects your boundaries – you never have to touch or be touched by anyone or anywhere you don’t want to. You will be shown how to be clear about that learning tools that help you to express your boundaries, helping you avoid #MeToo situations.
• Is experiential – you will have the opportunity to use platonic touch to practice and explore in a safe environment. It is the practice of using touch that supports understanding.
• Helps you to improve your confidence and communication skills, particularly in asking for what you truly want.
• Provides you with a boundaried game to take home that allows you to play with the Wheel within you which is fun and that you can make sensual, playful or any other quality you wish to introduce.
• Gives you a special bonus of a half the full price offer for our next conscious touch workshop where you can also practice your newly acquired skills in a safe and nurturing environment. For details see here.
This is a pre-book event only.
This workshop is open to people of all genders of any age (over 18) or sexual orientation whether you are single or in a relationship configuration.
The doors open at 10.15 am for registration and the event starts at 10.30 am. Please bring your own blanket or sheet.
The investment is as follows :
Earlybird: £60 + £2.32 PayPal fee. First 9 bookings only!
Full Price: £70 + £2.67 PayPal fee.
Repeat Price: £40 + £1.61 PayPal Fee. If you have attended this event previously you are welcome to attend for the repeat price (click the tickets button for more details).
Payment can be made by clicking on the above green Tickets button or Bank Transfer if you wish to avoid the PayPal Fees. Click the above green Tickets button for more details for how to pay by either method.
There are a limited number of concession tickets available. Do message us if you think this applies to your circumstances.