At some point in your life, for whatever reason, have you ever:
* Felt you couldn’t ask for what you want?
* Been in a situation where something was happening that you hadn’t agreed to?
* Had someone assume that you would do something?
* Thought yourself selfish for having some “me time?”
It would be surprising if you have not experienced at least one of the above and it is certainly possible to have experienced all four. We know we have!
Our boundaries and consent day explores these dynamics using Dr Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent model (www.bettymartin.org). This is a fantastic tool for understanding our dynamics, improving communication and especially for setting boundaries as well as understanding what true consent looks like. We are delighted that we have been able to work with Betty herself in devising this workshop.
This day workshop:
• Allows you start right where you are, whether you are new to the idea or experienced. Wherever you start, you will find a new level of awareness.
• Supports you to clarify your desires and identify your “programming.”
• Respects your boundaries – you never have to touch or be touched by anyone or anywhere you don’t want to. You will be shown how to be clear about that learning tools that help you to express your boundaries, helping you avoid #MeToo situations.
• Is experiential – you will have the opportunity to use platonic touch to practice and explore in a safe environment. It is the practice of using touch that supports understanding.
• Helps you to improve your confidence and communication skills, particularly in asking for what you truly want.
• Provides you with a boundaried game to take home that allows you to play with consent in a way which is fun and that you can make sensual, playful or any other quality you wish to introduce.
• Gives you a special bonus of a half the full price offer for our next conscious touch workshop where you can also practice your newly acquired skills in a safe and nurturing environment. (See our ticket link below).
The doors open at 10.00 am for registration and the event starts at 10.30 am.
We welcome people of all gender expressions, sexual orientations, body types, disabilities, creeds, ethnic and racial backgrounds, class/socio-economic backgrounds and ages (over 18).
The investment is as follows :
Earlybird: £60 + £2.42 PayPal fee. First 9 bookings only!
Full Price: £70 + £2.77 PayPal fee.
Repeat Price: £40 + £1.75 PayPal Fee. If you have attended this event previously you are welcome to attend for the repeat price (click the tickets button for more details).
Payment can be made by clicking on the above green Tickets button or Bank Transfer if you wish to avoid the PayPal Fees. Click the above green Tickets button for more details for how to pay by either method.
There are a limited number of concession tickets available. Do message us if you think this applies to your circumstances.