So Tell Me What You Want, What You Really Really Want
At the heart of Tantra is knowing and discovering our self and a key part of this journey is understanding our boundaries and exploring them so we can authentically consent at all times.
We chose the title from the Spice Girls song “Wannabe” as it really gets to a key question we don’t often get asked and don’t always know the answer to! If we don’t really know what we want, then where does that leave us?
We will be working with Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent model. The thing we love about the Wheel is that whilst one can understand it at an intellectual level it is only when you experience it you really understand it. We both can truly say that using the Wheel has been life changing in all aspects of our life. Yes it is that powerful! So we are delighted that we have been able to work with Betty herself in devising this workshop.
You will get to:
- Tap into the power of your own words to ask for what you want.
- Improve your confidence and strengthen communication skills
- Experiment with touch in a safe environment
- Find out what dynamics of giving, receiving, taking and allowing are currently dominant for you
- Learn how to balance this dynamic
- Take giving and receiving apart so you can be clear what is which. (It’s amazing how easy it is to confuse the two. You will find out what they are, how each serves you, how they may challenge you, and how they enliven you. The experience may even challenge who you think you are in your relationships.)
This day workshop:
- Is clothed.
- Is experiential – you will have the opportunity to practice and explore. It is only in the experience of touch that it will make sense.
- Respects your boundaries – you never have to touch or be touched by anyone or anywhere you don’t want to. In fact, you will be shown how to be clearer about that for yourself and learn tools that help you to express your boundaries.
- Supports you improving your confidence and strengthen communication skills, particularly in asking for what you truly want.
- Allows you start right where you are, whether you are new to the idea or wildly experienced, it doesn’t matter. Wherever you start, you will find a new level of awareness.
- Gives you a game to take home that allows you to play with this within your boundaries which is fun and that you can make sensual, playful or any other quality you wish to bring to it.
So come and join us and find out, amongst other things, what you want, what you really, really want!
The doors will open at 9.30 am for registration and the event will start at 10.00 am. It is recommended that you bring your own lunch with as we have a relatively short lunch as we have a lot to fit in! Also please bring a blanket.