The words “tantra massage” have been often misappropriated to sell sexual services. In addition, even the best-intentioned tantric massages often over- emphasize the sexual aspect of tantra*, an ancient practice that opens the door to an experience of ourselves as beings of energy and consciousness.
These five days invite you to explore the basic principles of tantra and how they form the foundation to authentic tantra massage. This block can be done stand-alone and is also the first block of The Paths of Transformation, Transformational Tantra Massage Training which can take one on one’s own transformational journey and ultimately to a professional qualification to support other people’s journey.
During the five days, you will be invited to learn:
- The basic principles of Tantra
- Tantric Rituals and their importance particularly in a massage setting
- To improve communication skills around consent and boundaries
- How to connect with energy in different ways and how your energy can affect others
- Where energy may be held in the body and how to release it
- Specific massages that release tension
- Finding more aliveness in oneself and how to support others to do so
- Basic hygiene protocols
This training is experiential and is based on your personal experience, both in receiving and supporting others to have their own personal experience. In doing this you will have the opportunity to explore some of your personal story through embodiment. This event is not suitable for healing deep personal trauma.
At the end of the training, you will have been given the opportunity to take away:
- An experience of what tantra is
- Tools for communicating consent and boundaries
- Massages that support people to find their energetic flow and zest for life
- Rituals you can practice
- Insights into your own personal patterns of response
- Methods for finding relaxation in both routine and more difficult situation
- More awareness of your body
- Getting the right support for the work you do
* Tantra is an ancient wisdom and integral in its wisdom is that it’s non prescriptive and allows everyone to find their own truth.
This workshop is open to all who are over 18 and wish to explore, one or all of the following: Personal self-development, want to learn massages for friends and partners and active and aspiring practitioners.
Ticket Prices and Booking are HERE
You can pay by bank transfer to avoid the booking fee. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This is a standalone journey of self-discovery however it also forms the foundation for our Transformational Tantra Massage Programme, for when you understand yourself more you are in a better place to be of service to others. Subsequent blocks enable you to dive deeper for self-insights. Then, if you choose, you can ultimately become a professional tantric massage practitioner to facilitate others journey’s discovery, using the medium of touch.
More details of how this standalone training sits within the Transformational Tantra Massage Programme can be found at www.transformationaltantramassage.co.uk. You are welcome to email us at email@example.com with any questions or to request a full brochure. If you wish to see the pricing for the whole Programme then please click HERE.
Our events are open to individuals, couples, triads and other constellations and expressions of all genders, sexualities and body types.
It is possible that, for this training, Coronavirus measures may be in place to limit the possibility of transmission of infection. Please contact us if you want further details, otherwise you will be informed of these in the joining instructions.
We (Jon and Elara) are delighted to bring this one-of-a-kind Bioenergetics Yearlong Training for the first time to the UK. This is one of less than five yearlong Bioenergetics trainings worldwide.
How we embody and express our energy makes our psyche and our patterns of reactions to life visible. We hold in our bodies the energy we dared not express when we were vulnerable children, both as a tension in the muscles and as a charge of energy in the organs and connective tissue. This fixed form of expression and defence is called our character. It is our social, adapted self, and blocks and represses our spontaneous flow of life energy, our wildness, including large amounts of our sexuality and creativity.
***What is Bioenergetics?***
Bioenergetics is not to be confused with the body of work that comes from biochemistry but comes from Wilhelm Reich and the therapy developed by his students. This body of work not only includes bioenergetics itself but also Bioenergetic Analysis (Alexander Lowen), Biodynamic Psychology and Massage (Gerda Boyesen) Ron Kurtz (Hakomi) and Biosynthesis (David Boadella), Radix Therapy (Charles Kelly), Stanley Keleman (Formative Psychology) and the work of Leonard Orr, Arthur Janov and Stanislav Grof also draws upon it.
This training will cover both theoretical and practical grounding in the work of Reich and his followers.
Bioenergetics in general seeks to release old trauma, habits, and unconscious defensive attitudes and to liberate our life energy for aliveness, pleasure and for self-actualization. It seeks to change the base of our existence from an attitude based on fear and the unconsciousness to a mindfulness of our choices and an ability to express ourselves from our heart, our sex and our spirit. This yearlong training includes:
- An analysis of our own character and patterns, which we respect as a necessity for survival
- An understanding of the biographical causes of any stuckness and limitations
- Strategies for managing trauma and fear
- Supporting individuals to find freedom of expression and creativity as autonomous human beings
More specifically Bioenergetics is a self-exploration through becoming aware of tensions in your body. These tensions are created by the energies of past formative experience which are imprinted on your body. These create your character, the person you became under the influence of your parents and your society. By becoming aware of this we can release the tension and free up our energy to choose life in each moment. Thus, we are able to free up a huge amount of energy for our aliveness, our creativity, our pleasure and joy in life to create our conscious path and fulfil our dreams.
The ability to read the energy and character of others and know how to support their energy will also be taught. As such, it is an invaluable training both for oneself and as a professional resource for those working energetically with others.
Themes for this yearlong training are:
- Primal therapy, birth and intrauterine experiences and imprints that affect our lifetime patterns of energy.
- The difference between character type and response
- Understanding the patterns and needs of one’s character type
- Moving from dependency to independence
- Being aware of your feelings and expressing them appropriately and communicatively
- Knowing what you want and what you don’t want and communicating that safely and respectfully
- Raising your energy levels, being more alive, aware, sensitive to life.
- Grounding and standing on your own feet
- Increasing the flexibility of one’s attitudes
- Flowing with life instead struggling against it
- Opening to aliveness and pleasure
- Being able to be present and to stay in contact
We will support you to gain an understanding of:
- The phenomenon of resistance and how to use and work through it.
- How to work energetically and physically with projection, both positive and negative.
- The different kinds of touch, their intent and applications: holding, containing, focussing, making conscious, confronting, soothing, mothering and fathering, supporting, grounding.
- The emotional plague, repression and rebellion.
- Armouring and core energetics, energy and character.
- Imprints, memoire corporelle (cellular memory), regression, aspects of Janov and Grof.
- The relationship between consciousness and energy, catharsis, demons, creative confrontation, witness consciousness.
- The importance of breath, Reichian and other breathing techniques.
- The orgasm reflex, the birth reflex.
- Character analysis – the character types and their use in therapy.
- Therapy and spirituality.
- Techniques to raise energy, bioenergetic stress positions, Osho meditations.
- Grounding and its importance, both through the feet and through the eyes.
- The segments and their order of opening.
- The contribution to the field of Reich‘s students including: Alexander Lowen, Ron Kurtz and Hakomi, David Boadella and Biosynthesis, Gerda Boysen and family and Biodynamics.
- Self-regulation, the inner wisdom and balance of the body
***Who is this Training For?***
It is open for people who wish to explore their own patterns of holding and be able to release this energy and live fuller and more expansive life. Feeling more alive, creative and deepening their pleasure and joy in life.
It may also be useful for those who have some experience in verbal therapies and want to explore particular themes through bodywork, or who want to deepen their experience of themselves through the methods of bioenergetics. It is also designed for therapists, therapeutic masseurs and counsellors who wish to include working with the physical body and the energy body in their repertoire of therapeutic methods and interventions.
THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS & COUPLES / TRIADS / OTHER CONSTELLATIONS OF ALL GENDERS, SEXUALITIES & BODY TYPES.
This training can be undertaken as a yearlong Bioenergetics training comprising 4 blocks or Block 1 can be done as a standalone introduction to Bioenergetics.
In Block 2 of particular relevance amongst things we will explore are propriocentric consciousness and energy, boundaries and consent, biodynamic breathwork, more Reichian response types and the body / mind relationship through theory but mainly practical exercises.
The training starts at 13:00 on the Thursday and finishes at 17:00 on the Sunday for each block.
The training occurs at The Pathways Studio, Manchester and is non-residential.
The cost included in the ticket is just for the teaching fee. You will need to organise your own transport to get there and sort out your own accommodation and food.
You can avoid paying the booking fee by choosing to pay by bank transfer and transferring the payment.
*** Dates ***
Block 2 – Thursday 2 Nov to Sun 5 Nov 2023
Block 3 – Thursday 8 Feb to Sun 11 Feb 2024
Block 4 – Thursday 9 May to Sun 12 May 2024
Shamanism studies our energetic connection to everything around us, the elements, the minerals, plants and animals, and especially the spirit connections, including to our ancestors, our karma and our sacred dream. We develop our ability to perceive energy and spirit through our energy body, the awareness of which brings us into an expanded state of consciousness. Elara teaches in the beauty way in the tradition of the Twisted Hairs medicine teachings passed on through Arwyn Dreamwalker.
Shamanic healing in this path needs 11 people plus the person being healed and is very powerful. Since Elara learnt how to participate in shamanic healings (both as someone giving healing as well as someone receiving healing), she has been struck by its power and felt inspired to create a community in the UK where we can come together after the training to both give and receive healings. This is a major inspiration for putting this training on and the medicine wheel and shamanic healing will form a significant part of the training. It is intended that regular healing sessions will then be held at Pathways Studio for the participants.
The Medicine Way is a closed group of people that walk together for potentially up to one year if you continue with further blocks. We will explore with Elara both intellectually and experientially the medicine wheel. We will learn new ways of understanding and relating to reality in all its manifestations with respect and equality. The training consists of four 4-day-long meetings and is a strong personal transformation process.
The teaching of the medicine wheel can help us in many areas of life:
- to grow from a childish way of looking at the world into an adult way and see the reality through the mind and heart simultaneously
- to find balance between our inner active and receptive polarity
- to dance our life energy awake to move towards our sacred dream
- to free ourselves on the line of karma – ancestors, thus liberating ourselves from unconscious patterns from the past
- to experience a feeling of oneness and harmony with everything around us, instead of a feeling of helplessness or need for control
This training can be undertaken as a year long Shamanic training, comprising 4 blocks or Block 1 can be done as a standalone introduction to Shamanism.
The training starts at 13:00 on the Wednesday and finishes at 17:00 on the Saturday for the first block and for the remaining blocks, it starts at 13:00 on the Thursday and finishes at 17:00 on the Sunday.
The training occurs mainly at The Pathways Studio, Manchester and is non-residential. Here we will explore shamanic healing and other indoor activities. The third block will be held residentially in North Wales near Conwy to support outdoor activities such as a vision quest and omen walks.
The cost included in the ticket is just for the teaching fee. You will need to organise your own transport to get there and sort out your own accommodation and food. For the North Wales block, you should allow £80 per night to include food (three meals, snacks and refreshments and accommodation).
The class size will be a maximum of 20 to allow valuable coaching time and exploration of their own character responses. A minimum of 10 people are required to give attendees a typical cross-section of different energies and character responses to explore in person.
You can avoid paying the booking fee by choosing to pay by bank transfer and transferring the payment.
*** Dates ***
Wednesday 15 May to Saturday 18 May 2024 (Manchester non-residential)
Thursday 18 Jul to Sunday 21 Jul 2024 (Manchester non-residential)
Thursday 19 Sep to Sunday 22 Sep 2024 (North Wales – residential)
Thursday 21 Nov to Sunday 24 Nov 2024 (Manchester non-residential)
YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME AND EXPERIENCE BLOCK1 BEFORE SIGNING-UP TO THE OTHER 3 BLOCKS AND WE HAVE PRICING TO REFLECT THIS (SEE BOOK TICKETS).